In addition to the best practices described in How can I avoid chargebacks?, recurring billing or service-based merchants should use the following best practices:
- Cancel the recurring billing as soon as the cardholder notifies you of their wish to cancel.
- Make sure billing and cancellation terms are clear in the recurring billing contract.
- Make sure you bill the cardholder for the correct number of installments for the correct amount according to the payment schedule.
- Offer the cardholder the option to cancel if your internal policies allow.
- Bill any installments sooner than agreed with the cardholder.
Let us know if this answered your question. If not, please let us know why!
Tags: recurring billing, chargeback process, dispute, defend chargeback, service based, cancel billing, avoid chargebacks