Care for the lithium-ion battery in your Genius Handheld™ to increase the battery life and prevent hazardous battery failures. To care for your battery, complete the following instructions:
Storing your battery outside your Genius Handheld
If you store your battery outside your Genius Handheld, complete the following steps:
Step 1. Cover the metal terminals on your battery with non-conductive electrical tape.
Step 2. Store your battery in a cool, dry place, away from any flammable items, for example, store the battery by itself on top of sand or on concrete.
Important: Do not place your battery in a sealed container.
Checking your battery before use
Before you use your battery in your Genius Handheld, do the following:
- Check your battery for damage, including signs of crushing, deformation, and broken casing.
- Check that the surface of your battery is clean.
- If the battery terminals are dirty, rub them with a clean, dry cloth.
Using your battery in your Genius Handheld
- Use only the charger that we supplied to charge your Genius Handheld.
- Charge your Genius Handheld at least once every three months.
- Do not leave your Genius Handheld near any heat source or direct sunlight.
- Use and store your Genius Handheld only in locations within the following limits:
– Operating temperature: 0°C – 45°C (32°F – 113°F)
– Storage temperature: -10°C – 55°C (14°F – 131°F)
– Humidity: Maximum 95%
- Do not place any metal objects near your battery’s metal terminals. This may short-circuit your battery and damage it.
- If your battery gives off a bad smell, generates heat, or is discolored or deformed, immediately stop using it. Remove your battery and contact our Genius Support Team.
- Do not drop, break, bend, puncture, or damage your battery in any way.
Let us know if this answered your question. If not, please let us know why!
Tags: battery, care for battery, handheld, charge, storing, temperature, warning