After you enable our extension, configure payment settings to accept credit and debit cards in your Magento store.
When you configure the credit and debit card settings, you can edit the following:
- Title1 – The title of the payment method that your Magento store displays to the cardholder, for example, “Pay by credit card” or “Credit/Debit payment”. You can change the title to best suit your business.
- Enable Vault2 – When you enable the vault integration, your cardholders can save their payment method to use for future purchases. When a cardholder saves their card for later use the integration does the following:
– Magento saves a token in its vault that it can use as a reference to the cardholder’s payment information.
– We store the cardholder’s payment information in a PCI compliant environment.
- When the cardholder pays for a transaction using their saved payment information, Magento sends their token to Cayan’s Payments Platform to process the payment. When you enable the vault integration, your Magento store shows the Save card for later use check box.
Note: The Magento vault does not store any sensitive card information.
- Vault Title – This is the title of the cardholder’s stored payment method. Your Magento store displays this to the cardholder with the payment type and the masked card number.
- Payment Action – The action Magento takes when a cardholder completes their order. You can select Authorize or Authorize and Capture:
– If you select Authorize, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction and completes the cardholder’s order. To complete the transaction, you must use Magento Admin to manually capture the funds. When you can capture the funds depends on the types of goods or services the cardholder purchases as part of their order:
> If the cardholder purchases physical goods, you can capture the funds only when you ship the goods to them.
> If the cardholder purchases virtual goods or services, you can capture the funds immediately after Magento authorizes the transaction.
– If you select Authorize and Capture, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction and then captures the funds automatically, which completes the sale.
Important: You must not use Authorize and Capture when selling physical goods.
- Payment from Applicable Countries – Defines which countries you want to accept payments from. You can select:
– Specific Countries to pick which countries you want to accept payments from.
– All Allowed Countries to accept payments from all countries.
- Payment from Specific Countries – Magento Admin displays this field when you select Specific Countries from the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu. You can use this list to select which countries you want to make accept payments from.
- Debug – This function is for testing purposes only, and you should enable it only when asked to do so by our Support personnel.
How to configure credit and debit card settings
Step 1. Log on to Magento Admin.
Step 2. From the side menu, select STORES.
Step 3. From the Stores menu, select Configuration.
Step 4. From the Configuration page, navigate to the Payment Settings and complete the following steps:
a. Select SALES to expand the SALES submenu.
b. Select Payment Methods.
c. Scroll to the Payment Settings section.
Step 5. Configure your credit and debit card settings by completing the following steps:
a. Type the Title of your payment method.
b. From the Enable Vault drop-down menu, select either Yes or No.
c. Type the Vault Title. This applies only if you select Yes from the Enable Vault drop-down menu.
d. From the Payment Action drop-down menu, select Authorize or Authorize and Capture.
e. From the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu, select All Allowed Countries or Specific Countries.
f. From the Payment from Specific Countries field, press and hold [CTRL], then select the countries you want to accept payments from. This applies only if you select Specific Countries from the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu.
Step 6. Scroll to the Developer Settings.
Step 7. From the Debug drop-down menu, select No. Note: Do not enable debugging unless told to do so by our Support personnel.
Step 8. Click Save Config.
Let us know if this answered your question. If not, please let us know why!
Tags: magento 2, edit settings, set up, enable extension, configure settings, payment methods, payment settings, vault