When you open the Payment Cartridge, the Business Manager displays the Orders page. When you select an order number, you can view the following details for the order:
- Reference number
- Order Date
- Created by
- Payment Status
- Transaction information
Orders with more than one payment method
Depending on your account settings, cardholders can pay for orders using one or more payment method. When a cardholder uses more than one payment, the Payment Cartridge displays each transaction separately.
In the following example, the cardholder uses a credit card and a gift card to pay for an order with a total value of $218.38. The Payment Cartridge shows the order as PARTPAID, this is because the Payments Portal runs an instant sale on the customer’s gift card and a pre-authorization on their credit card. When the merchant ships the goods, they can capture the cardholder’s credit card payment to complete the credit card transaction.
Viewing a transaction’s details
You can view transaction information for each order, including the following details:
- Approval status: Whether the transaction was approved or declined.
- Token: Transaction token that can be used to void, refund, or capture funds without having the cardholder’s card number.
- Authorization code: Reference code that can be assigned by the processor if the transaction is approved.
- Transaction date: Date the transaction occurred.
- Amount: Dollar value of the transaction.
- Card number: Credit card number or debit card number on the front of the cardholder’s card or the gift card number.
- Card holder: Cardholder’s name on their credit, debit, or gift card.
- Card type: Type of card the cardholder used to pay for the transaction, for example, Mastercard, Visa, or gift.
Note: If a cardholder pays for an order using more than one payment type, you can view each individual transaction’s information separately.
To view the transaction information for an order, complete the following steps:
Step 1. On the Orders page, select the Order Number of the order you want to view.
Step 2. Click More Info to view the transaction information.
Step 3. Click to return to the order.
Let us know if this answered your question. If not, please let us know why!
Tags: view transactions, transaction details, payment method, search tools, order number, payment cartridge, find transactions