Note: To configure your payment settings for Magento 2, visit How do I configure payment settings for Magento 2?
After you enable our extension, configure your payment methods to accept credit and debit cards in your Magento store. When you configure the payment methods, you can edit the following:
- Title1 – The title of the payment method that your Magento store displays to your cardholder, for example, “Pay by credit card” or “Credit/Debit payment”. You can change the title to suit your business. The following image shows the location of the Title, as seen by your cardholder.
- Payment Action – Defines the action Magento takes when your cardholder completes their order. You can select either Authorize, or Authorize and Capture:
– If you select Authorize, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction and completes the cardholder’s order. To complete the transaction, you must use Magento Admin to manually capture the funds. When you can capture funds depends on the types of goods or services the cardholder purchases as part of their order:
> If the cardholder purchases physical goods, you can capture the funds only when you ship the goods to them.
> If the cardholder purchases virtual goods or services, you can capture the funds immediately after Magento authorizes the transaction.
– If you select Authorize and Capture, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction and then captures the funds automatically, which completes the sale.
Important: You must not use Authorize and Capture when selling physical goods.
- New Order Status – Defines the cardholder’s order status after we process the payment. You can select from the following:
– Pending – If you need to perform a manual process or validation before you ship the goods to the cardholder.
– Processing – If you need to ship goods to the cardholder. We recommend that you select this status when the cardholder’s order includes physical goods.
– Complete – If you are selling virtual goods that you do not need to ship to the cardholder.
– On Hold – if you need to perform a manual process or validation before we process the payment. You must manually change the status of orders that are On Hold to Complete when you ship them to the cardholder.
Note: We recommend that you do not use the Canceled status.
- Payment from Applicable Countries – Defines which countries you want to accept payments from. You can select from the following:
– Specific Countries – To pick which countries you want to accept payments from.
– All Allowed Countries – To accept payments from all countries.
- Payment from Specific Countries – Magento Admin displays this field when you select Specific Countries from the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu. You can use this list to select which countries you want to accept payments from.
How to configure payment methods
Step 1. Log on to Magento Admin.
Step 2. From the toolbar, select System.
Step 3. From the System menu, select Configuration.
Step 4. From the side menu, select Payment Methods.
Step 5. Configure the following Cayan Credit Card Payment settings:
a. Type the Title of your payment method.
b. From the Enabled drop-down menu, select Yes.
c. From the New order status drop-down menu, select one of the following:
– On Hold
d. From the Payment from applicable countries drop-down menu, select All Allowed Countries or Specific Countries.
e. If you select Specific Countries, then from the Payment from Specific countries field, press and hold [CTRL], then select the countries you want to accept payments from.
f. From the Payment Action drop-down menu, select Authorize or Authorize and Capture.
Step 6. Click Save Config.
Let us know if this answered your question. If not, please let us know why!
Tags: edit settings, set up, magento 1, enable extension, configure settings, payment methods, payment settings